Regular cement concrete blocks are made from cast concrete, e.g. cement & aggregate, usually sand and fine gravel for high-density blocks. Under high-density blocks, both Solid and Hollow blocks are manufactured.
- Face Dimensions (mm): 390 X 190
- Item code:
- H is Hollow brick
- S is Solid brick
- Water Absorption: < 8 %
- Minimum Compressive Strength:
- Solid- 5.0 N/mm2
- Hollow- 3.0 N/mm2
Area of Application
Hollow Blocks can be used for partition walls. Solid blocks can be used for Partition as well as load bearing walls.
- Faster and easy working.
- Less mortar required
- Line & level of walls maintained due to dimensional accuracy of the concrete blocks.
- Due to irregular surface of clay bricks, plaster thickness will be much more to increase the chances of cracks in the plaster. This error is removed in the case of Concrete blocks.
- Hollow blocks reduce dead weight on the structure to ultimately save upon cement and steel to be most suitable for earthquake prone areas.
- Available round the year
Light Weight Hollow Blocks
There are various options available in cement concrete blocks for masonry purpose. Every type has its own merits and demerits. Those who want lightweight walling units having density between 700 to 900 Kg/m3, they can use CLC or AAC blocks. Unfortunately, the quality of CLC and AAC blocks manufactured in India by some of the manufacturers is not up to mark due to lack of subject knowledge and unhealthy price war. The major disadvantage in poor quality lightweight blocks is that of too high Water absorption. In these lightweight blocks, the density is reduced by introducing air voids in the concrete.
Unfortunately, the uncontrolled air passages are long and inter-connected absorbing too much of water (30-40%) by capillary action and also holding it for long period of time to ultimately damage paints and
We, at Nishu, have tried to reduce such problems by introducing Lightweight Hollow Blocks (LHB)
where lightness is attained by (1) hollow passage and (2) using lightweight aggregates. This technology
allows to reduce water absorption to a safe level keeping other advantages unchanged.
(At 28 days)
Kg/m3 (± 50)
|Pieces per MT
Area of Application
Light Weight Hollow Blocks can be used for building constructions.
- Water Absorption: 12%
- Sufficient compressive strength in accordance with applied BIS code
- It is a green product as fly ash is used
- Sound insulation
- Fire resistant
- Transportation cost reduces due to low density
- The consumption of Steel and Cement is reduced drastically due to lower density
- Easy to cut and handle at site
- The hollow passage can be used for concealed service lines
Split Face Hollow & Solid Blocks
Regular Concrete Blocks have a smooth face and are most often found buried in walls between the exterior
brick or stone and the interior drywall.
Split-Face Blocks have a rough texture on one face, which makes for a more aesthetically pleasing look on
large exterior walls, requiring no plaster or any further treatment for decoration like painting or cladding with
Split-Faced Block or Rock-Faced Block appears to have been hand-chiseled (or “split”) to give a much textured
look. In reality, twin blocks are casted in a mold as a single unit which is later on cut or split into two in a splitter
after the concrete is cured to produce two split faced blocks.
They are ideal for facade and boundary wall applications. A wall made of these blocks entails a 3 in 1
application which is basic wall, plaster and cladding. Hence these are very economical and time saving. These
are available in various shades and colors. These split blocks can be used in combination to achieve various
options in exterior elevations / facades and boundary walls as shown in the photo gallery.
Area of Application
Split Face Hollow & Solid Blocks can be used for Facade and boundary walls.